The lifeblood of every organisation is its employees. A recent survey by VECCI stated that roughly 4 in 10 employees want to leave their job.
So how does an employer keep their staff loyal, productive and involved?
- Engage them. Employees want to feel like they’re making a positive contribution to the organisation. Involve them in meetings and ask their opinions on decision making, ask for their feedback. A sense of involvement is highly important for keeping staff engaged and interested.
- Get to know your employees on a personal level; not just on a professional level. Knowing what motivates them will assist in increasing their loyalty to you.
- Combine work and fun; including social functions and group exercises .This promotes team building and a sense of belonging.
- Respect your employees and recognise their contributions to your organisation. Recognition from a senior manager will give your employees confidence in themselves and in their work.
- Reward your staff; keep them motivated.
Having highly engaged and productive employees will keep those wheels of your business turning.
Full VECCI article can be viewed at :