At Legal People we understand that when an individual finds themselves redundant resulting from a restructure, merger or downsizing by their former employer, it can be emotionally taxing and stressful time for them. Legal People offers compassionate, practical career transitioning support and helps employees re-orient themselves back into the job market.
Unlike outplacement services offered by other companies, our knowledge of the legal industry and extensive legal networks is extremely useful and beneficial to those employees who wish to stay in the legal profession.
Each outplacement program is tailored to the needs and requirements of the individual to best assist them in their career transition process and to make the process as smooth as possible.
Legal People’s Outplacement Program
Our outplacement program includes:-
- Several Consultations with a Legal People Consultant/Coach, conducted in person (at either the employer’s offices or our offices in Melbourne CBD OR if preferred via phone)
- Initial 1:1 Meeting will be at least 1 hour in duration with a Legal People Consultant/Coach to assess person’s needs and requirements.
- We will provide 2 designated senior Legal People Consultants/Coaches to support your employee’s needs
- Conduct a professional career assessment
- Career counselling and advice on employment options and current employment market
- Setting of Career Goals and Objectives
- Implementing a Job Search/Campaign Plan
- A professional resume and covering letter tailored to their experience and skills
- Interview skills training and coaching
- Learning to Sell/Market yourself to a prospective employer
- Salary advice and negotiation tips
- Personality Profiling/Psychometric Testing (optional/additional cost)
- An action plan to help them on their path to their next job
- Unlimited phone contact with LP consultant to discuss any queries etc…
The program is flexible and will be tailored to suit the needs of each individual. Our Legal People consultants are experts in the legal recruitment market and are well placed to provide sound advice to assist people throughout their career transition process.
Each employee will have 6 months from the date of their redundancy to access this outplacement service.
Cost to Employer: POA
Our one off fee is charged upon the initial consultation with the employee.
For further details please contact one our experienced consultants:
Sharon Henderson: email@example.com or (03) 9670 5051
Sharon provides coaching for Lawyers, Management & HR and other professional staff.
Laine McKenzie: firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9670 5051
Laine provides coaching for Legal Secretarial & Office Services staff, Management & HR.
Recent Legal People Outplacement Projects
Legal People was engaged to assist with an outplacement program for up to 12 employees that were made redundant as a result of their law firm being acquired by a larger firm.
Following the initial announcement of the acquisition and the employees’ redundancies, Legal People held an initial group meeting within 24 hours of the announcement at the client’s premises. This meeting was facilitated by two of our experienced Legal People Consultants.
On the same day after the initial group meeting our Legal People Consultants then met with each affected employee individually to establish an initial action plan and to communicate the outplacement program to them and what it entails.
A further meeting was arranged for each individual at Legal People’s premises the following week once they had time to digest the news and to reflect upon what they might like to do next. At the meeting Legal People helped each employee define their career goals & objectives, implement a job search campaign, assist with preparing their resumes & covering letters, provide them with some in-depth market advice around salary levels and general market conditions.
Following this meeting Legal People assisted each individual with applying for relevant positions through our strong network of contacts and directly with employers and other agencies. We also assisted with coaching each individual with interview training and techniques.
Within 2 months of the initial redundancy announcement:
60% secured positions through Legal People’s network
30% secured positions directly with employers
10% did not have a permanent position but were contracting until they found the right opportunity
The outcome was particularly pleasing in an otherwise very tight employment market.